Friday 14 October 2011

Hello! Also, spriting.


So this morning I was talking to a friend who swore he was following my blog. "Impossible," said I, "for a blog is not a thing that I have." (This is paraphrased.)

I proceeded to mend this travesty.

There is a thing that I am working on as I speak (although not precisely as I speak, considering I can't type and draw on the same computer at the same time, and let's face it, I'm not even talking anyway), a WIP (work in progress) of which I shall post just as soon as I implement this one change I suddenly realized needed doing. In the meantime, you can have a gander at the various pixel art work I've done. Most of it is for the species concept subforum of Dragon Cave, a collectibles site where you catch and raise dragons from egg to adult. These are projects in which collaborators create sprites for male and female adults, male and female hatchlings, an ungendered hatchling, and an egg. The process goes from sketch to spriteline to colour, with critique and redlining all the way along. The species are also required to have behavioural descriptions.

I'm only going to post work that is purely mine or that has only had minor edits (if it's been sketched by someone else, I'm leaving it out; if it's been coloured by someone else, I'll just post the WIP stage). Because I don't shade pixel art much, the vast majority of this will be lines or flat colours only. Clicking on the images will bring you to their respective forum topics, although I forget whether or not you need to be registered to see them. (The ones without links aren't for concepts, just for my own practice and personal projects.)

Note that all of these have flaws that gradually get ironed out in the production process. I'll probably post my sketches another time.







You can call me Hexephra, or just Hex. I'm too lazy to design/whatever a blog properly right now, so I'll probably build on it gradually, adding links to my other internet dwellings now and then. And stuff. I don't know. Organization is boring.

- Hex

No comments:

Post a Comment