Sunday 26 February 2012

Dragon Designs

I ended up having a lot more fun with these than I'd expected! Some are obviously more draconic than others, but I think it's okay to expand the description to "creatures" instead of just "dragons" now. I ditched a couple of silhouettes entirely, and for some others I just drew their heads because I liked them but not the rest of the body so much. Surprisingly, the one that seemed to have the most character originally (the worried-looking middle one with the spindly neck) seems to have become the most generic of them now. Maybe because I drew him first.


These were fun and refreshing to do, and they've been useful in rethinking my idea of what a dragon can look like. I don't know how likely they are to show up in my final film pitch but I'll definitely be submitting them as part of my process work.

- Hex

1 comment:

  1. :D I love these guys so much! They're so quirky and funny-looking.

    ReplyDelete