Wednesday 16 November 2011

Stop it Lexy

Lexy is being an ass.

I redrew him entirely (except for his head because fffff); this is probably something like the third or fourth version of him. Possibly he's finally decided to cooperate. Why are arms so hard to draw?

I'm really enjoying cel shading this, incidentally. It seems like it teaches me about form and lighting much more than soft shading, where I can get away with bullshitting it for the most part. I am learning that I need to not be afraid to be liberal with my shading, because it frees me up to really emphasize what needs showing, and I can always pull it back if it gets to be too much.

Also, why are eyes so small? I love colouring them all pretty and then you can't even see them. >:

Left to right: Derek, Ethan, Lexy, Levi, Gale, Ter, Charon

- Hex

No comments:

Post a Comment